Friday, June 4, 2010

Como


evening stroll

from my hotel balcony

I arrived in Como at around noon on Saturday. Como is the largest town on the lake at the southern end. It is the only town that has train service. There are two stations Nord Lago and San Giovanni. San Giovanni has the best service from Milan but is a 15 minute walk from the lake which is where I was staying but it is only a 30 minute ride from Milan versus a little over an hour to Nord Lago. I schlepped my massive luggage through town to the hotel. My hotel was shabby but clean with a shared bath. Como is incredibly beautiful and I spent the first day walking around before returning to my room to crash for a while. Saturday was full of Italians visiting for the weekend and everyone was out walking and eating gelato.

No comments: