Monday, June 15, 2009

in a dark and smoky bar


rodriguo, tom, chuck, and moi.

here's a photo with tom kalin on his last night in saas fee. we tore it up at the metro bar where i am becoming a part time waitress. tom is the most amazing film professor (his full time gig is at columbia) and is the director of "Swoon" and "Savage Grace" and producer of "I Shot Andy Warhol" among other things. we love our tom kalin and hopefully will get to see him during the year between now and next summer.
not in the photo but sitting next to me is liz spear, my new film making partner. she has made several films and has been helping me with some of my screenplay ideas. in april, we plan to shoot a documentary with fred ulfers in the southwest. i'm pretty freakin' excited about our projects.
i'm still feeling sick but am coming to the conclusion that i'm having a histimine reaction to something because in addition to swollen sinuses, my entire body is covered in a sunburn like rash with hives. several of us have been hitting the sauna at lunch and it seems to help.
i've skipped the evening lecture right now to write this, and now i'm heading back to the sauna.

No comments: