Thursday, June 25, 2009

usch to seattle


sadie missing her mama

family portrait at schiphol


morning in pajamas

usch left yesterday morning for seattle. she will be there for 10 days. i went with to the airport and then took the train to amsterdam where i spent the day. i saw a nice photo exhibition of 4 new york photographers who each came to amsterdam and photographed the "unseen" parts of the city. it was very good. then i went to the van gogh museum. it was the first time i made it inside since the other two times i've tried its been closed. i enjoyed it but couldn't stay very long because of the lighting scenario. one of my eyes is nearsighted and the other farsighted and the low lighting they employ to protect the paintings causes me to have slight vertigo since my eyes are constantly adjusting. today i am staying at the apartment with sadie who misses usch very much. till has gone to work and i am working on a paper for school and a screenplay. i'm finding lots of things to distract me though...like this blog for instance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What's next? I like the pictures of Jakob, Usch, Till, and Sadie. When I went to the Van Gogh museum, I was so tired, I kept falling asleep. I have long wanted to go back. Mom and the Others

JEOK said...

No doubt getting into the routine of writing is less appealing than your surroundings. Thanks for sharing. Love to you.